Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty Specialist Dr. Malcolm Lesavoy
Artistic Re-sculpting the shape of the nose for an improved appearance.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a “nose job,” is a surgical procedure that reshapes or resizes the nose. It can be performed for cosmetic reasons to enhance facial symmetry and balance or for functional reasons to correct structural defects, such as a deviated septum, which can cause breathing difficulties. The procedure can involve altering the bone, cartilage, skin, or all three. The operation is performed through carefully placed incisions inside the nose to remove or reshape any excess or malpositioned cartilage or bone, resulting in improved breathing through the nostrils.
Nose reshaping surgery can be performed not only to meet aesthetic goals but also for reconstructive purposes, including correcting birth defects or breathing problems. Rhinoplasty can be one of the most enjoyable plastic surgery procedures. The goal is to have a nose that breathes well and adds refinement to the overall facial appearance. The attractive nose is always straight, symmetric, and is of the proper size to accentuate the attractive face.
Before (left) and After (right) Photos of Female Rhinoplasty Surgical Procedure as Performed by Dr. Malcolm Lesavoy, Beverly Hills Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Who is a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
The best candidates for nose surgery are patients seeking an improvement in their appearance, are physically healthy, in a good mental state, and have realistic expectations. To discuss whether you meet the requirements to have plastic surgery of the nose, please call our office today and schedule a consultation.
A nose job can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but it won’t necessarily change your looks to match your ideal, nor will it cause other people to treat you differently. Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with Dr. Lesavoy.
Dr. Lesavoy considers the best candidates for nose surgery to be people who are looking for improvement, but not perfection, in the way they look. People who are physically healthy, psychologically stable, and realistic in your expectations, you may be a good candidate.
Age may also be a consideration for Dr. Lesavoy. Many surgeons prefer not to operate on teenagers until after they’ve completed their growth spurt, which is usually around 14 or 15 for girls and a bit later for boys. Dr. Lesavoy feels that it’s important to consider teenagers’ social and emotional adjustment, too, and to make sure it’s what they (and not just their parents) really want.
Can I Have Cosmetic Rhinoplasty to Correct a Previously Broken Nose?
One of the most common reasons for nose surgery is due to prior injury of the nose resulting in asymmetrical and undesired cosmetic nasal deformity. During your consultation with Dr. Lesavoy, he will be able to access your nasal injury and develop a surgical plan to help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
Rhinoplasty Before and After Photo Gallery
Different Types of Rhinoplasty
- Open Rhinoplasty – This type of rhinoplasty is the most common surgical approach in nasal plastic surgery and sometimes the easiest and/or fastest surgical method. However, this approach involves incisions outside of the nose area, most commonly a small incision at the middle or the base of the columella.
- Closed Rhinoplasty – This type of rhinoplasty is Dr. Lesavoy’s preferred method with his nasal plastic surgery procedures. This method involves placing the surgical incisions inside of the nose, without making visible incisions on the outside of the nose. However, depending on the patient’s specific cosmetic or reconstructive goals, the closed rhinoplasty may not be the best approach to achieve the desired results.
- Revision Rhinoplasty – We see many patients who have had previous nasal surgery. In general, we ask that patients who have had previous nasal surgery wait at least six months, if possible, before a second operation is recommended. A consultation can be obtained at any time to discuss possible problems and solutions that are available.
- Septo-Rhinoplasty – This type of nose surgery includes repair of a deviated septum. In some cases, in order to correct a deviated septum, it may be necessary to reshape the bone in addition to the cartilage framework of the septum.
About Rhinoplasty Surgery at Lesavoy Plastic Surgery
Nose reshaping procedures require one to two hours to complete. During the surgery, Dr. Lesavoy will separate the skin of the nose from the bone and cartilage. The framework will be sculpted to achieve the desired shape.
The sculpting procedure varies depending on the extent of the problem and the technique chosen by Dr. Lesavoy. He will approach the treatment by removing the hump with a chisel or rasp. The nasal bones will then be brought together to create a narrower bridge. The cartilage will be trimmed to re-sculpt the tip of the nose. Following the reshaping process, the nasal skin will be re-draped over the bone and cartilage. According to Dr. Lesavoy, the final result must look natural and not look “done.”
If the nostrils are wide, small amounts of skin can be removed from the base, allowing them to be closer together. Most surgeries are performed inside the nose, which means the incision will be inside the nostrils.
The septum may need to be stabilized, which can be achieved by placing soft nasal packs inside the nostrils. After the surgery, a splint can be applied to help maintain the new shape of your nose.
Where does Dr. Lesavoy perform Nose Surgery?
Dr. Lesavoy performs nose surgeries as an outpatient procedure in his accredited outpatient surgery center located inside his private office in Beverly Hills.
The Nose Surgery Consultation
During your consultation with Dr. Lesavoy, he will review your medial history and discuss with you your cosmetic goals of reshaping your nose. A surgical plan will be made according to your needs and Dr. Lesavoy’s staff will provide you with the costs and review available surgery dates.
Call today to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Book a complimentary consultation and let us help you with your cosmetic goals.
Get In Touch
- 9301 Wilshire Boulevard #410
- Beverly Hills, CA 90210