Breast Lift Beverly Hills
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
When it comes to breast surgery, many people mistakenly believe that it is all about increasing their size. Oftentimes, women are perfectly satisfied with the size of their breasts. Instead, they feel that it is their positioning that is affecting their confidence and self-esteem.
Childbirth, age and weight loss can all have a negative impact on the appearance of a woman’s breasts, causing them to avoid wearing certain clothes and even situations, such as swimming, where they feel that their breasts are more noticeable than usual. Breast lift surgery can improve the appearance of breasts, repositioning them higher on the chest, making them appear firmer, perkier, and more youthful.
Before and After Photos of a Breast Lift procedure performed by Dr. Malcolm Lesavoy, Beverly Hills Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
A breast lift, medically known as Mastopexy, is a surgical procedure designed to raise and reshape sagging breasts. The surgery removes excess skin and tightens the surrounding tissue to provide a more youthful breast contour. A breast lift can rejuvenate a woman’s figure by restoring a firmer, perkier appearance to the breasts. It does not significantly change the size of the breasts, but it can be combined with breast augmentation or reduction if desired.
Breast Lift Before and After Gallery
What are the types of breast lift treatments?
There are different types of breast lift techniques. The kind that is right for you will depend on the extent of the lift that you need, in order to achieve your desired result. Dr. Lesavoy will be able to advise you on the best type of breast lift surgery for your unique circumstance.
The Donut Lift
Also called a peri-areolar lift, this type of breast lift is designed to correct mild sagging. It most commonly performed at the same time as breast augmentation (enlargement).
One of the key benefits of this type of lift is that it leaves the patient with just one small scar around the areola. This gradually fades in redness and becomes virtually imperceptible over time.
Sometimes, the donut lift is also used to reduce areola size and make the nipples appear smaller and tighter.
The ‘Lollipop Lift’
Also called the vertical lift, is designed to correct moderate sagging.
In the Lollipop Lift, Dr. Lesavoy can reshape the entire breast and remove some excess skin, leaving breasts looking tighter, firmer, and more youthful.
Incisions are made around the areola, and run from the areola to the infra-mammary fold, creating the lollipop shape, which gives this lift its name.
The Anchor Lift
Sometimes referred to as an inverted “T” lift, this is the most dramatic and best style of breast lift. Anchor lifts are recommended for patients who have significant pendulous breasts that require extensive lifting and reshaping.
The anchor lift requires the surgeon to make three incisions into the breast tissue. In addition to the lollipop shape, there is a third incision made along with infra-mammary fold along the crease of the breast.
The three incisions mean that the anchor lift causes the most scarring of all three types, but as with all surgical scars, they will fade over time.
Top 5 Things to Consider If You Are Contemplating a Breast Lift:
- Goals and Expectations:It’s essential to have a clear understanding of what a breast lift can and cannot achieve. While the procedure can enhance the shape and position of the breasts, it won’t significantly alter their size. If you’re looking for a change in breast size, you might consider combining the lift with augmentation or reduction.
- Surgeon’s Expertise and Experience:As with any surgical procedure, the skill and experience of the surgeon play a crucial role in the outcome. Ensure you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with a track record of successful breast lift procedures. Reviewing before-and-after photos and patient testimonials can provide insight into the surgeon’s capabilities.
- Scarring:A breast lift will result in scars, the extent and location of which depend on the specific technique used. Common incision patterns include around the areola, vertically down from the areola to the breast crease, or horizontally along the breast crease. Discuss with your surgeon about the expected scarring and any techniques or treatments that can minimize their appearance.
- Recovery Period:Recovery from a breast lift typically requires one to two weeks off work and refraining from strenuous activities for about a month. It’s essential to understand the recovery timeline, potential side effects (like swelling or bruising), and any post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth healing process.
- Long-Term Results and Aging:While a breast lift can significantly improve the appearance of the breasts, it doesn’t stop the natural aging process. Over time, factors like aging, gravity, weight fluctuations, and pregnancy can affect the breasts’ shape and position. Discuss with your surgeon about the expected longevity of the results and any potential need for revision surgeries in the future.
Book a complimentary consultation and let us help you with your cosmetic goals.
Get In Touch
- 9301 Wilshire Boulevard #410
- Beverly Hills, CA 90210